The goal of the International Institute for Ethics and Contemporary Issues (IIECI) of Ukrainian Catholic University is to become a resource center for excellent ethical research, teaching, and discourse with the capacity to develop new models and patterns of development in social, political, business, educational and cultural life incorporating moral principles and values. It was publically launched on March 1, 2013 with the inaugural conference of the newly established International Institute for Ethics and Contemporary Issues.
From the beginning of its operations IIECI has focused on the following main activities:
- – Conference activities;
- – Establishing an international ethical network;
- – Developing IIECI fellowship program;
- – Summer philosophy schools;
- – Global politics workshop;
- – IIECI research and public outreach projects;
- – Developing initiatives and start-up programs;
- – Developing IIECI research library;
- – Publishing;
- – Video production.
In 2012, the International Board of the Institute was created which included distinguished scholars from USA/Spain, Germany, Poland, France/Canada, Lebanon, and Ukraine. The interdisciplinary IIECI Board includes experts in the fields of ethics, philosophical anthropology, theology, political sciences, sociology of religion, moral theology, history, and law.
The IIECI Board consists of 9 members including: